The Children's Program
The goal of the Children’s Program is to provide a safe, nurturing culturally responsive environment where moms can leave their children in the care of competent and caring individuals allowing her to rest, regroup, and attend to other activities which will assist her in establishing a safe, non-violent home for her and her children.
What goes on in the Children’s Program?
The Children’s Program has a wide range of activities to promote the physical, emotional, interpersonal and social wellness of its participants. The following list contains a snapshot of the myriad of activies that the program offers.
- Children's Support Group
- Provision of age appropriate infomation to children about domestic violence
- Provision of counseling for children
- On-site access to a pediatrician and dentist
- Free medications, clothing and prescription eyeglasses through Kid Start (on-site)
- Facilitation of school enrollment
- On-site after school programming
- On-site pre-school programming
- Reading Program
- Access to the Computer Learning Center and trained tutors
- Library of books
- School advocacy
- Disbursement of school supplies
- Coordination and assistance with school transportation
Interpersonal and Social Support:
- Field trips
- Summer Camp
- Children's Festival
Call our 24-hour Hotline at 412-687-8005 or
toll free, 877-338-TALK (8255) for help or more information.