How to Help
At Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh, we believe that everyone has the right to live free from abuse. You can help make that a reality.
Each year, Women’s Center & Shelter serves more than 8,000 adult survivors and their children experiencing domestic violence through a system of programs and services designed to help them start a new chapter in their lives. By making a tax-deductible donation , you are providing the survivors of intimate partner violence with the gift of safety as they receive the care and support necessary to begin a journey of healing.
Your generosity makes a tremendous difference, as $0.84 of every dollar goes directly to our programs . Though the issue of intimate partner violence is a devastating one, there is hope. We see it every day on the faces of the women and children we serve. You may never know their names or see their faces, but your donation will change a life and break the cycle of violence.
Many Ways to Help
There are plenty of ways to get involved. Become a part of the Women’s Center & Shelter family:
- Make a secure, online gift
- Send a check made payable to Women’s Center & Shelter to: P.O. Box 9024 Pittsburgh, PA 15224
- Shop for items on our Wish List
- Learn about Others Ways to Give, such as fundraising on our behalf, collecting cell phones or naming Women’s Center & Shelter as the beneficiary of a bequest
- Contribute to our Shelter from the Storm capital campaign to complete renovations of our facility
- Volunteer through your company or provide direct service to clients
Together, we are making a difference in the lives of survivors and their children!